Monday, June 1, 2020

Dear Families,
My apologies about missing my post this morning. New routines threw me off. My blog writing time was all of a sudden at the same time that I was getting my kids ready for school.

My plan is to keep this up though so what I plan to do is write a note for the following day each afternoon. So this post will be for tomorrow.

Here is your weekly challenge: Design a solar green house for our school. First we learned about  where to put the green house today. Clue: The sun sets in the east and rises in the west but it is on a slight angle shining up from the south because we are in the Northern Hemisphere. Where on our school grounds could we put a green house which would be exposed to as much light as possible during fall, winter and spring? We don't want to take away key play areas, we can't have it in the parking lot and we need to be careful of shadows. We also want to think a little about convenience because we will be going into the green house in the cooler months. Send me your suggestions. Here is an arial photo of our school grounds:

PE: Here is Joe.

Have a great June 2!
Mrs. McKerrow

No comments:

Post a Comment